1. If you eat something, but no one else sees you eat it, it has
2. When drinking a diet soda while eating a candy bar, the
calories in the candy bar are canceled by the diet soda.
3. When you eat with someone else, calories don't count as long as
you don't eat more than they do.
4. Foods used for medicinal purposes never count.
Example: hot chocolate, brandy, toast, Sara Lee cheesecake
5. If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.
6. Movie-related foods do not have calories because they are part
of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.
Example: milk duds, buttered popcorn, junior mints and Tootsie Rolls
7. Cookie pieces contain no calories. The process of breaking the
cookie causes calorie leakage.
8. Late-night snacks have no calories. The refrigerator light is not
strong enough for the calories to see their way into the calorie counter.
9. If you are in the process of preparing something, food licked
off knives and spoons have no calories.
Examples: peanut butter on a knife, ice cream on a spoon
10. Food of the same color have the same number of calories.
Examples are: spinach and pistachio ice cream, mushrooms and white chocolate.
Chocolate is a universal color and may be substituted for any other.